Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > referrer id

referrer id

M. Evrim Demir

How can I learn where my visitor came from? I mean which site reffered
to my site? (Something called referrer id/ip)

Thanks in advance..

Evrim

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Brian Staff <brianstaff@[NoSpam]
compuserve.com> writing in news:VA.00000237.009925b5@bstaffw2k:

> request.servervariables("http_referer")
>
> it does always contain anything, especially if they typed in your URL
>
> Brian

Also a good idea to include that in the logs for later analysis. With that
information being logged, you will also be able to see what search
phrases/keywords people are using to reach your site.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

M. Evrim Demir

Thanks for your answers. My server doesn't allow me to access logs, so
I wrote a script that keeps track of my visitors, their ip numbers,
date, time and the page visited. When I added the string
(http_referer) to my logger script, it worked well with internal
links. But when I click on link leading to my site on external web
page, it gave me internal server error. What may be the problem? How
can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Evrim

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (M. Evrim Demir)
writing in news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

> Thanks for your answers. My server doesn't allow me to access logs, so
> I wrote a script that keeps track of my visitors, their ip numbers,
> date, time and the page visited. When I added the string
> (http_referer) to my logger script, it worked well with internal
> links. But when I click on link leading to my site on external web
> page, it gave me internal server error. What may be the problem? How
> can I solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Evrim

What error did it give you?

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

M. Evrim Demir

It was something like "Internal Server Error 500"

(E-Mail Removed) (M. Evrim Demir) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Thanks for your answers. My server doesn't allow me to access logs, so
> I wrote a script that keeps track of my visitors, their ip numbers,
> date, time and the page visited. When I added the string
> (http_referer) to my logger script, it worked well with internal
> links. But when I click on link leading to my site on external web
> page, it gave me internal server error. What may be the problem? How
> can I solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Evrim

Re: Url.Referrer is NULL Kevin Spencer ASP .Net 1 06-03-2004 05:11 PM
Find client IP, client name, browser, referrer from ASP.NET NWx ASP .Net 3 02-17-2004 11:36 AM
html referrer spoofing Aaron ASP .Net 1 01-26-2004 09:16 PM
Re: Get referrer URL Harley ASP .Net 0 07-26-2003 04:00 AM
Get referrer URL Harley ASP .Net 0 07-24-2003 06:07 AM

Advertisments