Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Permission denied error

Permission denied error

zbob

Hello

I have the following configuration:
- Windows 2000 Adv Server
- IIS is running on this machine
- I have some ASP scripts and a global.asa file

In the the global.asa file (in the Application_OnStart section) I create
an instance on a COM object (in fact it is a Windows service that has a
COM interface (the corresponding Windows service is running)). The code
of this section of global.asa:

Sub Application_OnStart
Set Application("ComObject") =
Server.CreateObject("ComObject.Interface")
End Sub

One of my ASP script is called every second by another application and
this ASP script calls one of the COM object's methods. The code of this
ASP script is:

result = Application("ComObject").Method

Most of the time this is working fine, but sometimes this ASP generates
an error 500 page and I have the following error in the IIS log files:
800a0046|Permission_denied:_'Application(...).Meth od'

The strange thing is that for a few days this error does not happen and
suddenly this error occurs very often (up to every 10 seconds).

I have tried several things but this error always occurs.

Thanks in advance