Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Submit form from modal dialog

Submit form from modal dialog

martin de vroom

Hi,

I have a web page that opens a modal dialog (client side) in the
following manner

onclick="window.showModalDialog('/dialog.asp',null,'dialogHeight: 200px;
dialogWidth: 400px; dialogTop: 300px; dialogLeft: 150px; edge: Sunken;
center: Yes; help: No; resizable: No; status: No;');">

and the page loads in the modal dialog no problem.

Now, the asp page is a form that submits to itself and so the modal dialog
contains a form that submits to itself.

This is fine except that submitting the form opens a new window.

what I would like to happen is submit the form and it comes back to display
itself in the modal dialog again. if the form processing detects an error I
will leave the form displayed, if no error is detected then I will close the
window using some client side javascript.

however I am having trouble getting the modal dialog form to submit back to
itself and redisplay again within the modal dialog.

can anybody offer any advice on how to do this.

cheers

martin.

Ray at

I'm not sure about this, but I believe that is just the nature of the modal
and non-modal dialogs that IE creates. Try posting to an IE group - I'm
sure they'll know there.

Ray at home

news:(E-Mail Removed)...