Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > List all and field names database contents

List all and field names database contents

Andrew Banks

I have been provided with a DSN, user name and password for one of my
clients sites.

I'm not an ASP developer and need to view all the contents of this database.
I usually work in PHP but only have ASP available on this server.

I want to open the database and simply output all the contents into a HTML
page.

Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks in advance

Tom B

Try using ADOX, I did a search on google, and this page looked helpful
(number 2)
http://www.pstruh.cz/tips/detpg_listdb.htm

and this is helpful
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...amentals_1.asp

"Andrew Banks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tdVQa.12823$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been provided with a DSN, user name and password for one of my
> clients sites.
>
> I'm not an ASP developer and need to view all the contents of this

database.
> I usually work in PHP but only have ASP available on this server.
>
> I want to open the database and simply output all the contents into a HTML
> page.
>
> Is this possible and if so how?
>
> Thanks in advance

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

You need to find out what database you are using. If you search for
"schema" at www.aspfaq.com, you might find some useful results...