Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Need advice writing ASP apps for IE5, IE55, and IE6

Need advice writing ASP apps for IE5, IE55, and IE6

michaaal

When writing an ASP app, it has been my experience that usually I write code
that is compatible with IE6 but not previous versions of Internet Explorer.
Does anyone have any practical advice for writing an ASP app that you want
to be compatible with IE5 and IE55?

Ray at

Hopefully it's an actual computer in there that I could reformat and install
my own OS on and decide. :]
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Refr...r_RH2777AT.htm

Ray at home

"MDW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:04a901c34a75$d919c680$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ray,
>
> What version of JavaScript do most kitchen appliances
> support?

Jeff Cochran

The Samsungs run Windows XP for Tablets. Ray wasn't actually being
facetious here...

Hint: It's really a tablet PC docked on the refrigerator door, the
only thing the fridg provides is a power connection to recharge the
battery.

Jeff

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:07:31 -0700, "MDW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ray,
>
>What version of JavaScript do most kitchen appliances
>support?

===================================
Jeff Cochran (IIS MVP)
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) - Munged of Course

I don't get much time to respond to direct email,
so posts here will have a better chance of getting
an answer. Besides, everyone benefits here.

Suggested resources:
http://www.iisfaq.com/
http://www.iisanswers.com/
http://www.iistoolshed.com/
http://securityadmin.info/
http://www.aspfaq.com/
http://support.microsoft.com/
====================================

MDW

A) You know, there are SOME places where I don't need to
worry about checking my e-mail. The kitchen is one of them.

B) I'll bet that Mr. Coffee appliances w/ computers in
them will have any programs written in Java.

*hides*

erator/Refrigerator_HomePADRefrigerator_RH2777AT.htm

>Ray at home
>
>"MDW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:04a901c34a75$d919c680$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ray,
>>
>> What version of JavaScript do most kitchen appliances
>> support?

Ray at

Wow, that is really good to know. Thanks a lot Jeff. I'm only 10%
considering the purchase of one. It's made so that you can control your
climate control system, your microwave, washer, dryer, etc., which is kinda
neat I guess, but I don't think I want a first generation product. Besides,
what am I going to need to remotely control a washing machine for, when I'll
have to physically visit it to move clothing in and out of it. And to
control my microwave that's like 10 feet away would just be silly. :] Why
I'd really want something like this is that my girlfriend grew up in a house
that always had a TV in the kitchen. I didn't. I don't like that. But,
there will be one in our new kitchen. I figure the fridge would be a nice
compromise.

Ray at home

"Jeff Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Samsungs run Windows XP for Tablets. Ray wasn't actually being
> facetious here...
>
> Hint: It's really a tablet PC docked on the refrigerator door, the
> only thing the fridg provides is a power connection to recharge the
> battery.
>
> Jeff

Ray at

But, you're forgetting the biggest advantage to having a computer on the
network in the kitchen:

net send fridge BRING ME A BEER AT ONCE!

Ray at home

"MDW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ba801c34ad4$222fb560$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A) You know, there are SOME places where I don't need to
> worry about checking my e-mail. The kitchen is one of them.
>
> B) I'll bet that Mr. Coffee appliances w/ computers in
> them will have any programs written in Java.
>

> *hides*

Jeff Cochran

I thought that's why men got married.

Ooops. Wife was in the room, gotta go get flowers, bye...

Jeff

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:20:39 -0400, "Ray at <%=sLocation%>"
<(E-Mail Removed)7yasdf.com> wrote:

>But, you're forgetting the biggest advantage to having a computer on the
>network in the kitchen:
>
>net send fridge BRING ME A BEER AT ONCE!
>
>Ray at home
>
>"MDW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:0ba801c34ad4$222fb560$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> A) You know, there are SOME places where I don't need to
>> worry about checking my e-mail. The kitchen is one of them.
>>
>> B) I'll bet that Mr. Coffee appliances w/ computers in
>> them will have any programs written in Java.
>>

>> *hides*

===================================
Jeff Cochran (IIS MVP)
(E-Mail Removed) - Munged of Course

I don't get much time to respond to direct email,
so posts here will have a better chance of getting
an answer. Besides, everyone benefits here.

Suggested resources:
http://www.iisfaq.com/
http://www.iisanswers.com/
http://www.iistoolshed.com/
http://securityadmin.info/
http://www.aspfaq.com/
http://support.microsoft.com/
====================================

Dave

Well, since computers are taking over the world of automation; Fido will
soon find himself out of a job. Slipper and newspaper fetching will become
obsolete. I'll bet that Fido will also have to rely upon Scooter Computer
for a walk around the block. Sad, so sad.

Dave

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <(E-Mail Removed)7yasdf.com> wrote in
message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wow, that is really good to know. Thanks a lot Jeff. I'm only 10%
> considering the purchase of one. It's made so that you can control your
> climate control system, your microwave, washer, dryer, etc., which is

kinda
> neat I guess, but I don't think I want a first generation product.

Besides,
> what am I going to need to remotely control a washing machine for, when

I'll
> have to physically visit it to move clothing in and out of it. And to
> control my microwave that's like 10 feet away would just be silly. :]

Why
> I'd really want something like this is that my girlfriend grew up in a

house
> that always had a TV in the kitchen. I didn't. I don't like that. But,
> there will be one in our new kitchen. I figure the fridge would be a nice
> compromise.
>
> Ray at home
>
> "Jeff Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The Samsungs run Windows XP for Tablets. Ray wasn't actually being
> > facetious here...
> >
> > Hint: It's really a tablet PC docked on the refrigerator door, the
> > only thing the fridg provides is a power connection to recharge the
> > battery.
> >
> > Jeff

Ray at

My cats will not be affected at all. :]