Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Problem with redirection in a Form...

Problem with redirection in a Form...

Calvin

Hi,

Envronment: IIS 5 on W2k sp3

Problem: I'm using a Form and when Submitted, will display
a confirmation page. The confirmation page is simply a
Form with an OK button. I want the browser to display
either [1] the first form OR [2] to another page and I
couldn't do either.

Here's what I have problem with:
For [2], I got the error
HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
Internet Information Services
although the page can be displayed if I paste the URL in
the browser's address!
I tried using BOTH:
<input type="submit" value="OK"
OnClick="javascript:window.location('thanks.htm')" >
and specifying thanks.htm in the ACTION of the Form.

For [1]: I couldn't get back to the original form with:
<input type="submit" value="OK"
OnClick="javascript:window.top.history.back()">

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, thnx!
Calvin

Ray at

I don't understand why you're using javascript to change the page location
on submit buttons. Don't you want the form to submit? Just have the form
submit and use Response.Redirect "thanks.htm" in ASP code. Or am I not
understanding something you're trying to do?

Ray at home

"Calvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:054b01c34a66$e50f4a50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Envronment: IIS 5 on W2k sp3
>
> Problem: I'm using a Form and when Submitted, will display
> a confirmation page. The confirmation page is simply a
> Form with an OK button. I want the browser to display
> either [1] the first form OR [2] to another page and I
> couldn't do either.
>
> Here's what I have problem with:
> For [2], I got the error
> HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
> Internet Information Services
> although the page can be displayed if I paste the URL in
> the browser's address!
> I tried using BOTH:
> <input type="submit" value="OK"
> OnClick="javascript:window.location('thanks.htm')" >
> and specifying thanks.htm in the ACTION of the Form.
>
> For [1]: I couldn't get back to the original form with:
> <input type="submit" value="OK"
> OnClick="javascript:window.top.history.back()">
>
> Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, thnx!
> Calvin

MDW

If all you want is for the address to change when you
click on the button (and not actually submit any form data
to an ASP page), then try

<inuput type="button" onClick="....">

Problem with forms authentication when using redirection david.moran@dnv.com ASP .Net 4 06-28-2005 07:27 AM
Web Page Redirection Problem Jack ASP .Net 1 04-14-2005 09:12 AM
Port Redirection Problem Seth Cisco 7 09-09-2004 12:34 AM
Passport Redirection Problem. Munna ASP .Net 2 07-14-2004 10:06 AM
pix 501 port redirection problem John Smith Cisco 2 02-19-2004 07:21 AM

Advertisments