Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > #include and <script runat="server">

#include and <script runat="server">

Michael

There seem to be two ways to include files on the server:
1. <!-- #include file="header.inc" -->
2. <script language="VBScript" runat="server" src="header.inc"></script>

What are the differences between the two, and when to use one instead of the
other?

Thanks.

Michael

So option 2 will have to contain only scripts, no HTML; except if used like
Response.Write("<div>")?

"Lance Wynn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Also, with number 2, can you use <% %> tags within the file? I don't

think