Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Inserting into one table data from 2 tables and some input data.

Inserting into one table data from 2 tables and some input data.

Renie83

Alrighty,
I pull records from a database table onto a page based on vendor #. On
this page I have an input box after each row of data that is just
placed in there with the movenext of the rs so the text box has the
same name set to all of them. What I need and want to do is let users
add a date in text boxes as they need to. If there is a date in the
text box I want some of the information in that record on that page
and that date loaded into a new table when they click the submit
button. Somethings I think/know I need:
A way to check to see if there is a date entered into the text box if
not move on to the next record and check that one.
A way to make sure my insert statement will go thorough and insert
each row.

I saw no examples on using an insert with a recordset so that might
not even be possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so
much!
Renie83

Kiran Math

Renie83,
You can validate the data on the server side or on the client side.

You may have to write update statement for each updation you want.

Thats a easy job!!
Kiran Math