Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Text lookup in remote url ?

Text lookup in remote url ?

Chops

Hi All.

This has got me stumped

Is there a way that we can search a remote web page for a specific line of
text?
We can check if a specific URL exist using the "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP" object
witch works just fine, but is there anyway we can search the page for text
using this same object.

Thanks for the help

Joe

Ken Schaefer

You can use that component to issue a GET request for the page, and analyse
the response (ie search through the text that's returned, presumably between
the <body></body> tags)

Cheers
Ken

"Chops" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f0d09ea$0$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Hi All.
:
: This has got me stumped
:
: Is there a way that we can search a remote web page for a specific line of
: text?
: We can check if a specific URL exist using the "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP"
object
: witch works just fine, but is there anyway we can search the page for text
: using this same object.
:
: Thanks for the help
:
: Joe
:
:

Chops

Thanks Ken

Do you know of anywhere i can get an example bit of code?

Regards

Joe

"Chops" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f0d09ea$0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All.
>
> This has got me stumped
>
> Is there a way that we can search a remote web page for a specific line of
> text?
> We can check if a specific URL exist using the "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP"

object
> witch works just fine, but is there anyway we can search the page for text
> using this same object.
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Joe

Ken Schaefer

Try google.com

(eg use ServerXMLHTTP withASP)

Cheers
Ken

"Chops" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f0d29d2$0$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Thanks Ken
:
: Do you know of anywhere i can get an example bit of code?
:
:
: Regards
:
: Joe
:
:
: "Chops" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:3f0d09ea$0$(E-Mail Removed)...
: > Hi All.
: >
: > This has got me stumped
: >

remote directory lookup Josh ASP .Net 2 08-19-2004 07:25 AM
LDAP lookup: fails on remote computers -- Please help Jay ASP .Net 3 04-29-2004 03:44 PM

Advertisments