Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error in CreatObject(""): 32797: Application-defined or object-define error

Error in CreatObject(""): 32797: Application-defined or object-define error

Al

Hi,
I am getting "Application-defined or object-define error"
when trying to instantiate an MTS component. However, when
I run the VB source-code and leave it in run-time, I am
able to instantiate objects from other applications.
It doesnt look like a coding problem, since my fellow-
programmers are able to use the DLL. It looks like some
kind of setup thing. Does anyone have an idea how to solve
this?

Thanks in advance,
Alwin.

Chris Barber

Whan an object is hosted in MTS (on another machine) then there should be an
install package to install the stub components to marshall the calls to the
remote MTS.
If the MTS in on the same server then it should be OK.

Chris.

"Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9efa01c34669$940d8410$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am getting "Application-defined or object-define error"
> when trying to instantiate an MTS component. However, when
> I run the VB source-code and leave it in run-time, I am
> able to instantiate objects from other applications.
> It doesnt look like a coding problem, since my fellow-
> programmers are able to use the DLL. It looks like some
> kind of setup thing. Does anyone have an idea how to solve
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Alwin.

Al

MTS and Web Server are on the same machine.
I still get that error.