Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Open Excel file in asp

Open Excel file in asp

Andrew Durstewitz

Is there a way to insure the user can't save the excel file that has
been opened?

I have a link that goes to XLS files for users but I don't want to users
to be able to save the XLS files to there local drive.

tia,
Andrew

* * * Sent via DevBuilder http://www.devbuilder.org * * *
Developer Resources for High End Developers.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

"Andrew Durstewitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f0c71ef$0$201$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to insure the user can't save the excel file that has
> been opened?
>
> I have a link that goes to XLS files for users but I don't want to users
> to be able to save the XLS files to there local drive.

No. If the data can be viewed, it can be saved.

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/