Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Field lose focus after adding an applet object

Field lose focus after adding an applet object

Wai Man Chung

Dear all,

I have an asp page which upon opening a field will be set
to be in focus so that user can type in data without the
need to use the mouse to click on the field.

However, after I add an applet object, the field cannot be
in focus, even though there is statement in the asp page
explicitly setting the field to be in focus. User has to
wait for a short time (about 5 seconds). After the time,
he need to click on the field to bring it in focus. But
during the waiting time, the page does not respond to any
mouse click.

There is one interesting point that when I add an "alert"
statement at the end of the page so that a message box is
popped whenever the asp page is opened, the field is
brought into focus after user click OK the message box.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance.
W.M. Chung

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

Instead of the alert, if we add some code like "txtInput.focus", will this
ofrce the focus on the text box ?

Luke

rights.)