Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Redirecting the page on Session.Timeout

Redirecting the page on Session.Timeout

cb

When a Session timeout occurs, I get a 403 - Forbidden. The address bar
contains the path that I was intending to go to but couldn't because of the
timeout.

How can I redirect the page when a Session.Timeout occurs?

TIA,

Chris

Ömür Ölmez

Hello

You can see if a session was timeout by checking its value. After
then, you can simply use Response.Redirect.

For example, assume you set a session named "loggedin" :

<%
if Session("loggedin")="" then
Response.Redirect("otherfile.htm")
end if
%>

Since redirect headers must the first (and only for old borwsers as
I know) header, this code is placed to top of the page.

Omur Olmez