Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDONTS for IIS 5.1

CDONTS for IIS 5.1

Chad Lupkes

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a better understanding of how to use CDONTS on a web
server, and I find that I don't have it installed on my own. I'm running XP
Pro w/ IIS 5.1. Where can I go to install what I need to get it to work on
my system?

--
Chad Lupkes
http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

---

Tim Williams

Try looking at CDO instead - AFAIK CDONTS is pretty much replaced by that.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...abdataobjs.asp
Tim

"Chad Lupkes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get a better understanding of how to use CDONTS on a web
> server, and I find that I don't have it installed on my own. I'm running

XP
> Pro w/ IIS 5.1. Where can I go to install what I need to get it to work

on
> my system?
>
> --
> Chad Lupkes
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)
>

> ---

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

> I've heard that, but CDONTS is the only email service available on the
> server that the website uses, so I need to learn how to use it anyway.

Then you'll need to develop on a compatible development machine. (Why isn't
CDO.Message available on the deployment server?)

Or, you could write code that conditionally tests for the operating system
(or the machine name). You could even encapsulate this functionality in an
include file so you don't have remnant pieces of code all over the place,
just one function that either decides which function to use at runtime, or a
different include file in each environment.

For CDO.Message syntax, see http://www.aspfaq.com/2026 (scroll down to the
part that talks about Windows XP).

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

> Nonsense.

Unless they're running NT 4.0

CDONTS Stephan ASP .Net 2 12-02-2003 04:41 PM
Using CDONTS to logon the IIS SMTP server Chris Kennedy ASP General 1 11-19-2003 12:24 PM
Sending HTML formatted mail using CDONTS Paul Turley ASP .Net 2 08-12-2003 09:16 AM
Sending message to SMTP server using CDONTS component Chris Pearson ASP .Net 2 07-28-2003 12:06 PM
CDONTS object missing eddie wang ASP .Net 2 07-25-2003 07:07 AM

Advertisments