Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > website search

website search

John Smith

Hi,

I'm trying to nicely display the results of a search but some results are
longer than others in length. Is there a way of only displaying the first 30
characters of a search result (i.e. enough to make sure they know what it is
but not enough to mess up the formatting of the page) ?

Any online tutorials etc. much appreciated.

Atrax

> Is there a way of only displaying the first 30
> characters of a search result

Left()

see the VBScript docs at http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

Why? Why was I programmed to feel pain?

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
click the link above!

Evertjan.

Atrax wrote on 04 jul 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>> Is there a way of only displaying the first 30
>> characters of a search result

> Left()

Using Left what is Left out is the stuff on the Right,
so that what is Left is the stuff on the Left ?

Right ?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.