Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Variable scope with Include Directive ???

Variable scope with Include Directive ???

Anthony Judd

I am opening a recordset on page 'A' then using server.execute to populate a
form on page 'B'.
I am getting a a type mismatch error, which suggests the variable doesn't
exist on page 'B'.

I know variable state is supposed to be maintained when using
server.execute.., the problem is what i don't know.

1. could someone please enlighten me as to what is going on.
2. give some suggestion about how work around this problem.

Thanx to those who read this message.

Ray at

I don't think that variables do carry over when you .execute. They will
with an include though.

Ray at work

"Anthony Judd" <adsf@.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am opening a recordset on page 'A' then using server.execute to populate

> form on page 'B'.
> I am getting a a type mismatch error, which suggests the variable doesn't
> exist on page 'B'.
>
> I know variable state is supposed to be maintained when using
> server.execute.., the problem is what i don't know.
>
> 1. could someone please enlighten me as to what is going on.
> 2. give some suggestion about how work around this problem.
>
> Thanx to those who read this message.

Matthew Lock

You have to use session variables to transfer data between your
original script and server.execute