Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless laptop can connect to internet by not other computers

Wireless laptop can connect to internet by not other computers

=?Utf-8?B?cnZicnVuZXI=?=

I have 3 networked computers all running XP Home SP2. 2 of the computers are
hard wired to the router, the 3rd computer is a laptop with a wireless
connection. All 3 computers can connect to the internet, but only the 2 hard
wired computers can share resources (files/printers).

How can I get the wireless laptop to share resources with the other computers?

Thank you so much - Ron

=?Utf-8?B?YmRhdmV5Yg==?=

"rvbruner" wrote:

> I have 3 networked computers all running XP Home SP2. 2 of the computers are
> hard wired to the router, the 3rd computer is a laptop with a wireless
> connection. All 3 computers can connect to the internet, but only the 2 hard
> wired computers can share resources (files/printers).
>
> How can I get the wireless laptop to share resources with the other computers?
>
> Thank you so much - Ron

=?Utf-8?B?YmRhdmV5Yg==?=

Sorry, about previous post. Am first time poster.

Anyway, I have the same problem and am tearing my hair out trying to get my
wireless laptop to connect with my hardwired pc.

Linksys (router mfg.) says it's an OS config.

Have run the setup wizard.

Get error "denied access to workgroup" or something similar.

Had no problems when all PCs were hardwired.

Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?YnV0Y2g=?=

I had the same problem when I first tried to connect a wireless laptop with
XP and SP2 to my older desktops. The problem was with the firewall. I don't
remember exactly what had to be shut off, but once I disabled the feature
causing the problem, I was able to connect to my LAN.