Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > "The protocol 'https' is not supported" (client side call to WCF s

"The protocol 'https' is not supported" (client side call to WCF s

cserold

Hello,

I am making calls to WCF services in my ASP.NET 3.5 application from client
side javascript. Everything works fine when developing locally but when the
site is deployed to the production server and https is required the calls no
longer work. The following error is getting thrown:
54[InvalidOperationException: The protocol 'https' is not supported.]
55 System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +11531006
56
System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAs yncResult.End(IAsyncResult
result) +194
57
System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAs yncResult.ExecuteSynchronous(HttpApplication context, Boolean flowContext) +176
58 System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler.Process Request(HttpContext
context) +23
59
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
60 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +75

I know it has something to do with this declaration in my .svc file:

<%@ ServiceHost Language="C#" Debug="false"
Service="AJAX.DocumentLibraryService"
Factory="System.ServiceModel.Activation.WebScriptS erviceHostFactory" %>

The System.ServiceModel.Activation.WebScriptServiceHos tFactory is
automatically creating an endpoint based on wsHttpBinding and this doesn't
support https.

I wish there was another "Factory" that implemented Https. Can anybody
provide me with the best approach to implement this?

Thanks,
Craig