Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > reset a webservice from c#

reset a webservice from c#

jordi c

Hi,
I need know how can to reset a webservice from the same web service (if
isn’t possible, how can i reset it from another web service).
My problem is i use a win32 dll (no other options) which have some bugs
(memory leaks) and after some time working it throw some errors, and we only
can do is reset IIS.

I want can reset it directly or after some time. Some ideas? thanks

James Parker

"jordi c" <jordi http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I need know how can to reset a webservice from the same web service (if
> isn’t possible, how can i reset it from another web service).
> My problem is i use a win32 dll (no other options) which have some bugs
> (memory leaks) and after some time working it throw some errors, and we
> only
> can do is reset IIS.
>
> I want can reset it directly or after some time. Some ideas? thanks

You could restart the app pool that the webserice is running in using the
IIS SDK's
that Microsoft offers.

Hope this helps.

j1mb0jay

################################################## ####
http://www.dotnethelp.co.uk

Patrice

Hi,

AFAIK the application pool settings allows what to control what happens for
example on excessive memory consumption or if you have X failures during a Y
period.

See :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...73(VS.71).aspx and around...

--
Patrice

"jordi c" <jordi (E-Mail Removed)> a crit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...