Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Adding web reference in visual studio hangs

Adding web reference in visual studio hangs

Dave G

When Adding or Updating a Web Service in VS 2008 (9.030729.1 ) it hangs.
If I try to add a reference in the solution - It shows me the available
services - but hangs when I choose one
If I try to add a url - it just hangs

No error , no freeze - just the browser in the add service window showing a
rolling progress bar forever

Thanks
--
Dave G

David

I have the same issue. Did you ever find a fix?

Thanks,
David

"Dave G" wrote:

> When Adding or Updating a Web Service in VS 2008 (9.030729.1 ) it hangs.
> If I try to add a reference in the solution - It shows me the available
> services - but hangs when I choose one
> If I try to add a url - it just hangs
>
> No error , no freeze - just the browser in the add service window showing a
> rolling progress bar forever
>
> Thanks
> --
> Dave G

NigelF

I also have this problem. Did you find a solution?

Posted as a reply to:

RE: Adding web reference in visual studio hangs

I have the same issue. Did you ever find a fix?

Thanks,
David

"Dave G" wrote:

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx

NigelF

I managed to fix this although I cannot put my finger on the exact solution, this is what i did.

1. Installed all available windows updates, including the latest MSSQL 2005 service pack and other vista updates.

2. Installed KB960075 to fix an unrelated VS2008 issue.
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Proje...ownloadId=5728

3. Rebooted to finish the updates.

Hope this helps.

Posted as a reply to: