Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Navigation Menu in IE8

Navigation Menu in IE8

Peter K

My asp.net web site (pgkroeger.us) uses the asp navigation features. By
coincidence I noted the other day that the menu part of the navigation
faature did not show the secondary & tertiary folders, just blanks were
shown. (The breadcrumb system worked as designed.)

On my home computer I loaded the web site into Visual Studio 2008, opened a
page & asked for 'view in browser'. All worked well. My conclusion"
something has corrupted on the remote website. I went (twice!) through a
four hour reinstall of the remote site. Each time the same, the navigation
menu did not show lower directories. I installed a dummy default2.aspx page
with a tree view. Same thing, actually in this case only 'home' showed.

Extremely frustrating. I went to an older desktop, mainly used for home
entertainment today. Its IE8 browser showed the same thing, no navigation.
Then I opened on that machine a left-over virtual Win XP installation, which
was too old to have IE8, indeed it had IE7 installed. I opened the web site
& all showed up fine, the menu & the tree worked just fine.

Does anybody have any ideas what setting in IE8 could possibly prevent the
asp.net navigation tools to work? And how can I prevent others, using IE8
from running into the same problem on my site? (Target Framework =
Net.Framework 3.5)

Any suggestions will be appreciated,

Patrice

Hi,

Could it be :
http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archiv...available.aspx

--
Patrice

"Peter K" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> My asp.net web site (pgkroeger.us) uses the asp navigation features. By
> coincidence I noted the other day that the menu part of the navigation
> faature did not show the secondary & tertiary folders, just blanks were
> shown. (The breadcrumb system worked as designed.)
>
> On my home computer I loaded the web site into Visual Studio 2008, opened
> page & asked for 'view in browser'. All worked well. My conclusion"
> something has corrupted on the remote website. I went (twice!) through a
> four hour reinstall of the remote site. Each time the same, the
> navigation
> menu did not show lower directories. I installed a dummy default2.aspx
> page
> with a tree view. Same thing, actually in this case only 'home' showed.
>
> Extremely frustrating. I went to an older desktop, mainly used for home
> entertainment today. Its IE8 browser showed the same thing, no
> navigation.
> Then I opened on that machine a left-over virtual Win XP installation,
> which
> was too old to have IE8, indeed it had IE7 installed. I opened the web
> site
> & all showed up fine, the menu & the tree worked just fine.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas what setting in IE8 could possibly prevent the
> asp.net navigation tools to work? And how can I prevent others, using IE8
> from running into the same problem on my site? (Target Framework =
> Net.Framework 3.5)
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated,

Peter K

Thanks a lot, did not know about this fix.

Peter

ie8!=ie8 cecile Javascript 2 05-24-2010 09:04 AM
Re: Advantages of IE8/64 over IE8/32 PA Bear [MS MVP] Windows 64bit 0 08-17-2009 09:43 PM
Menu control doesn't work on IE8 Mark B ASP .Net 2 07-23-2009 05:41 PM
Disable the navigation buttons for IE navigation toolbar Laurahn ASP .Net 3 02-06-2007 04:17 AM
Horizontal Menu Navigation Web Control - Spaces Between Menu Items Philip ASP .Net Web Controls 1 03-21-2006 01:55 PM

Advertisments