Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Soap message w/http authorization question...

Soap message w/http authorization question...

Greg

Hello,

I'm new to using WSE and sending SOAP messages - and I'm trying to
figure out how to incorporate Http authorization. I am trying to send
a SOAP envelope to a web service that requires http authorization and
follows basic credential format, and I'm not really sure what I need
to do.

I've been looking at the WSE samples from Microsoft, and have an
understanding of what I need to do to build the message with the
SoapSender & SoapEnvelope classes, but how would I attach the
credential/login/password information? Here is what needs to go with
the SOAP envelope:

POST /MyLocation/Directory HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: ""
Authorization: Basic
[SOAP envelope]

Can anyone point me to any samples or information how this would be
incorporated into the SOAPEnvelope object?

Thanks for any help,
Greg