Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Replacement for Frames?

Replacement for Frames?

Bob Smith

It's been a while since I did any website design. I have recently built a web
application in VS2005. I didn't want to use frames, as I know the problems
they cause. I ended up duplicating the menu structure on every page. Whenever
I need to add another reference, I need to update every page. Does anyone
know a way to maintain a single menu for all pages in ASPX without using
frames?

Thanks

Jesse Houwing

Hello Bob,

> It's been a while since I did any website design. I have recently
> built a web application in VS2005. I didn't want to use frames, as I
> know the problems they cause. I ended up duplicating the menu
> structure on every page. Whenever I need to add another reference, I
> need to update every page. Does anyone know a way to maintain a single
> menu for all pages in ASPX without using frames?

Either use Master pages with the menu in them, or use AJAX to simulate frames,
without actually using them...
--
Jesse Houwing
jesse.houwing at sogeti.nl