Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Avoid xmlns in Body for SOAP Request created by WSDL

Avoid xmlns in Body for SOAP Request created by WSDL

BusyBoy

Hi

This is a question which I have on SOAP Request created by a
WSDL.exe.

The SOAP Request to be created is the one which we don't want the
xmlns
tag to be in the SOAP:BODy. but all xmlns in the SOAP:Envelope

something like this ( not exact SOAP Request ... just enough to
illustrate my question. )

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:cus="http://mydomain/customers" >
<soap:Body>
<cus:ClassA >
<cus:ClassARequest>

<cus:/ClassARequest>
</cus:ClassA>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

but in case of the proxy generated by wsdl.exe the SOAP Request turns
out be as below :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

<soap:Body xmlns="http://mydomain/customers">
<ClassA >
<ClassARequest>
</ClassARequest>
</ClassA>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

i.e. the a default xmlns is getting created in the soap:body.

Instead of the default xmlns in soap body i want all xmlns in the
soap:head ...

is their any switch in wsdl.exe command or any option which I can use
to ensure this?

Hope my question is clear !!

Rajan

John Saunders

Why do you care about this? The two pieces of XML are identical.

"BusyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> This is a question which I have on SOAP Request created by a
> WSDL.exe.
>
> The SOAP Request to be created is the one which we don't want the
> xmlns
> tag to be in the SOAP:BODy. but all xmlns in the SOAP:Envelope
>
> something like this ( not exact SOAP Request ... just enough to
> illustrate my question. )
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <soap:Envelope xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:cus="http://mydomain/customers" >
> <soap:Body>
> <cus:ClassA >
> <cus:ClassARequest>
>
> <cus:/ClassARequest>
> </cus:ClassA>
> </soap:Body>
> </soap:Envelope>
>
> but in case of the proxy generated by wsdl.exe the SOAP Request turns
> out be as below :
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <soap:Envelope xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> >

> <soap:Body xmlns="http://mydomain/customers">
> <ClassA >
> <ClassARequest>
> </ClassARequest>
> </ClassA>
> </soap:Body>
> </soap:Envelope>
>

> i.e. the a default xmlns is getting created in the soap:body.
>
> Instead of the default xmlns in soap body i want all xmlns in the
> soap:head ...
>
> is their any switch in wsdl.exe command or any option which I can use
> to ensure this?
>
> Hope my question is clear !!
>
> Rajan

BusyBoy

On Mar 29, 8:10 am, "John Saunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Why do you care about this? The two pieces of XML are identical.
>
> --
> John Saunders | MVP - Connected System Developer
>
> "BusyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Hi

> > This is a question which I have on SOAP Request created by a
> > WSDL.exe.

> > The SOAP Request to be created is the one which we don't want the
> > xmlns
> > tag to be in the SOAP:BODy. but all xmlns in the SOAP:Envelope

> > something like this ( not exact SOAP Request ... just enough to
> > illustrate my question. )

> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> > <soap:Envelope xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> > xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> > xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> > xmlns:cus="http://mydomain/customers" >
> > <soap:Body>
> > <cus:ClassA >
> > <cus:ClassARequest>

> > <cus:/ClassARequest>
> > </cus:ClassA>
> > </soap:Body>
> > </soap:Envelope>

> > but in case of the proxy generated by wsdl.exe the SOAP Request turns
> > out be as below :

> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> > <soap:Envelope xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> > xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> > xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

> > <soap:Body xmlns="http://mydomain/customers">
> > <ClassA >
> > <ClassARequest>
> > </ClassARequest>
> > </ClassA>
> > </soap:Body>
> > </soap:Envelope>

> > i.e. the a default xmlns is getting created in the soap:body.

> > Instead of the default xmlns in soap body i want all xmlns in the
> > soap:head ...

> > is their any switch in wsdl.exe command or any option which I can use
> > to ensure this?

> > Hope my question is clear !!

> > Rajan

This is a requirement while accessing the service endpoint on
DataPower where the service is exposed.

Rajan

John Saunders

"BusyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is a requirement while accessing the service endpoint on
> DataPower where the service is exposed.
>
> Rajan

I hope you don't mean this DataPower:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DataPower. That would be scary. You'd expect