Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Return XML Document from Web Service (.net v2)

Return XML Document from Web Service (.net v2)

Andrew

Hi All,

I'm looking for information on returnning XML Documents from a web service.
Say if you have a string like this -
<xdoc><child1>1</child><child2>2</child></xdoc>
Then to convert it to XML you use the XmlDocument.LoadXML.
How would you return this whole document so that then in your ASP.Net (VB)
page can use methods like .SelectSingleNode to pick out information.
I have returned it as a XmlDocument type in the past with ASP but with
ASP.Net I seem to be having problems with casting?