Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web service works with Auth only

Web service works with Auth only

Harry Simpson

I've got a web service I run in my dev environment Windows 2003 Server under
IIS. Runs fine with either anonymous alone or with anonymous and Windows
Authentication checked for security on the service.

We've got a client who is military and probably has theri system locked down
pretty tight.....
On their system if we set the web service to Anonymous and uncheck Windows
Authentication we cannot get to the webservice at all. Checking the Windows
Authentication get's us right in.

Where is it that they are saying to not allow Anonymous Authentication??

Any ideas??

TIA

Harry