Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > how to create VS2008 project and/or deploy WCF service on localhos

how to create VS2008 project and/or deploy WCF service on localhos

Jerry Nettleton

I'm using VS2008 to create a WCF service. I created a 'WCF Service
Application' project and then published it to IIS on localhost. A virtual
directory was created and when I try to open/browse the "MyService.svc" file,
I get the following error:

-----
Server Error in '/MyService' Application.
Failed to access IIS metabase.
-----

So now I'm reading the 'WCF Services and ASP.NET' page
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(printer).aspx) and I don't
understand how to create a VS 2008 project in order to implement the "Hosting
WCF Side-by-Side with ASP.NET" capability. If I try to create a 'asp.net web
application' or 'asp.net web service application' project, I get another
error about something not being compatible in my web.config file when trying
to add the WCF service. How can I create a VS2008 project with ASP.NET pages
and WCF services?

Or how can I deploy my WCF service project on my localhost (Win XP Pro SP3
and IIS 5.1)?

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry Nettleton

Found a solution:

3. Then registered ASP.NET 2.0 with IIS using
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp net_regiis –i".

4. Gave permissions to the ASPNET account using
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp net_regiis –ga
machinename\ASPNET".