Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WebService in Visual Studio 2005

WebService in Visual Studio 2005

Arne

I am not able to find svcutil.exe or WSDL.exe on a computer which has Visual
Studio 2005 professional installed.
Were those utilities available in a Visual Studio add-on which is now
outdated?
(Hopefully I will get VS 2008 soon)

Steven Wilmot

"Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am not able to find svcutil.exe or WSDL.exe on a computer which has
>Visual
> Studio 2005 professional installed.
> Were those utilities available in a Visual Studio add-on which is now
> outdated?
> (Hopefully I will get VS 2008 soon)

You should find the tools installed as part of the .NET 2.0 SDK (which would
have been installed with VS2005)

Take a look in:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin

If you open a "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt" from "Visual Studio Tools"
on the Start-Menu, then type "wsdl.exe", it should find it.

Steven

Arne

I found WSDL.exe but not svcutil.exe. Svcutil.exe might belong to a beta of
WCF.

"Steven Wilmot" wrote:

> "Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am not able to find svcutil.exe or WSDL.exe on a computer which has
> >Visual
> > Studio 2005 professional installed.
> > Were those utilities available in a Visual Studio add-on which is now
> > outdated?
> > (Hopefully I will get VS 2008 soon)

> You should find the tools installed as part of the .NET 2.0 SDK (which would
> have been installed with VS2005)
>
> Take a look in:
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin
>
> If you open a "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt" from "Visual Studio Tools"
> on the Start-Menu, then type "wsdl.exe", it should find it.
>
> Steven

Steven Wilmot

>> >I am not able to find svcutil.exe or WSDL.exe on a computer which has
>> >Visual
>> > Studio 2005 professional installed.
>> > Were those utilities available in a Visual Studio add-on which is now
>> > outdated?
>> > (Hopefully I will get VS 2008 soon)

>> You should find the tools installed as part of the .NET 2.0 SDK (which
>> would
>> have been installed with VS2005)
>>
>> Take a look in:
>> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin
>>
>> If you open a "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt" from "Visual Studio
>> Tools"
>> on the Start-Menu, then type "wsdl.exe", it should find it.
>>

>I found WSDL.exe but not svcutil.exe. Svcutil.exe might belong to a beta of
> WCF.

From the felp-file:

" The ServiceModel Metadata Utility Tool can be found at the Windows SDK
installation location, specifically, C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0\Bin"

You may find the following useful:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netf.../aa569263.aspx

You should be able to download a relevant SDK to get it.

Steven

Arne

I don't have the svcutil.exe in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0\Bin directory.