Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Encrypt/Decrypt SOAP message by X.509 Certificate

Encrypt/Decrypt SOAP message by X.509 Certificate

keith

I have a web servier and a console client. I did these

1. nstalled X.509 certificates provuded by Microsoft WSE v3.0 samples.

2. created Custom Policy Assertion (copy and paste) from How to: Create a
custom Policy Assertion that Secures SOAP message at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa528788.aspx. It has classes
CustomSecurityAssertion
CustomSecurityServerInputFilter
CustomSecurityServerOuptputFilter
CustomSecurityClientInputFilter
CustomSecurityClientOutputFilter

3. created policy for both client and web service in their config and
wse3policyCache.cofig files.

4. ran the client app

ServiceWse service = new ServiceWse();
service.Set("ClientPolicy");
// it created CustomSecurityAssertion()
called override CreateClientInputFilter(..)
CreateClientOutputFilter(...)
proxy.ProcessMessage("Hello");
// it called override SecureMessage(...) in
CustomSecurityClientOutputFilter
// Then, it called override ValidateMessageSecurity(...) in
CustomSecurityClientInputFilter.
It SHOULD call the method in CustomSecurityServerInputFilter since web
service received input message.

Can you help?

Thanks

keith

Gustavo Arellano

Please provide more information about the thrown Exception.