Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Gettting xml column data

Gettting xml column data

Ameur

I'm trying to build a web service that extract only the column data of table
which is an xml column.
the table is in a romte databse.
Any idea?
Help or hint will be appeciate it

Steffen Hoppe

Hello Ameur,

I think you have to jump in a bit deeper and tell us what you want to do.

What does the service do? Open a table, read a column?
What should it return? The Entries of a datacolumn?
Does remote mean "not on the web-service-server" or "not on the client"?

Cheers,
Steffen

(E-Mail Removed)

> I'm trying to build a web service that extract only the column data of
> table
> which is an xml column.
> the table is in a romte databse.
> Any idea?
> Help or hint will be appeciate it

Ameur

Hi Steffen

Basically what I'm trying to acheive is getting an xml from a table that i'm
connecting to it through odbc, The table name is Queue and has an xml column.
My web service got the data from the table , but on the returned xml I can't
figure out how to get the xml chunk which is in the xml column (xml column is
in the Queue table)
The table is in other server that I connect to it throhg odb with a dns.

Hope it is a clear.

Thanks a lot
Regards
Ameur

"Steffen Hoppe" wrote:

> Hello Ameur,
>
> I think you have to jump in a bit deeper and tell us what you want to do.
>
> What does the service do? Open a table, read a column?
> What should it return? The Entries of a datacolumn?
> Does remote mean "not on the web-service-server" or "not on the client"?
>
> Cheers,
> Steffen
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> > I'm trying to build a web service that extract only the column data of
> > table
> > which is an xml column.
> > the table is in a romte databse.
> > Any idea?
> > Help or hint will be appeciate it

keep gettting errors using Sequel ODBC::Error: 37000 (170) Junkone Ruby 0 05-25-2011 04:11 PM
Please help! Why am I gettting 15000 emails???? gaiami1@tds.net Computer Support 6 12-04-2006 10:37 PM
Gettting started Sean MCDST 3 03-11-2005 02:16 PM
trouble gettting to certain web pages mvccerase Computer Support 1 10-22-2004 04:18 AM
Activa or not activate a button column depending if another data column has data or not carlos perez ASP .Net 0 06-08-2004 02:16 PM

Advertisments