Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > ISS web server will not run my .ASP page

ISS web server will not run my .ASP page

CutDMX12

Hi,

I've just installed IIS on my XP Pro computer so i can use my ASP pages and
to test if thay are working!!.

The problum i am having is when i go to my ASP pages it WORKS exepted when i
go and try to post some infomation to my database using ASP in to a .mdb
database and when i do it gives me a error of:-

Error Type:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Operation must use an updateable query.
/ticket/add.asp, line 37

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET
CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2)

Page:
POST 94 bytes to /ticket/add.asp

POST Data
name=jy&surname=jyt&house=Harvey&emailaddress=jty& uyear=7&gender=Male&submit=Reserve+My+Ticket

Time:
22 June 2008, 11:05:52 AM

But when I put it on a web hosting server it WORKS fine???

If any one else had this problum please reply to help me fix this

Thanks
CutDMX12

wdudek

Does the user IIS is running as have access to the directory that the
database is located in?

"CutDMX12" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed IIS on my XP Pro computer so i can use my ASP pages and
> to test if thay are working!!.
>
> The problum i am having is when i go to my ASP pages it WORKS exepted when i
> go and try to post some infomation to my database using ASP in to a .mdb
> database and when i do it gives me a error of:-
> Technical Information (for support personnel)
>
> Error Type:
> Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
> Operation must use an updateable query.
> /ticket/add.asp, line 37
>

> Browser Type:
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET
> CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2)
>
> Page:
> POST 94 bytes to /ticket/add.asp
>
> POST Data:
> name=jy&surname=jyt&house=Harvey&emailaddress=jty& uyear=7&gender=Male&submit=Reserve+My+Ticket
>
> Time:
> 22 June 2008, 11:05:52 AM
>
> But when I put it on a web hosting server it WORKS fine???
>
> If any one else had this problum please reply to help me fix this
>
> Thanks
> CutDMX12

CutDMX12

Yes I Think

"wdudek" wrote:

> Does the user IIS is running as have access to the directory that the
> database is located in?
>
> "CutDMX12" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just installed IIS on my XP Pro computer so i can use my ASP pages and
> > to test if thay are working!!.
> >
> > The problum i am having is when i go to my ASP pages it WORKS exepted when i
> > go and try to post some infomation to my database using ASP in to a .mdb
> > database and when i do it gives me a error of:-
> > Technical Information (for support personnel)
> >
> > Error Type:
> > Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
> > Operation must use an updateable query.
> > /ticket/add.asp, line 37
> >

> > Browser Type:
> > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET
> > CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2)
> >
> > Page:
> > POST 94 bytes to /ticket/add.asp
> >
> > POST Data:
> > name=jy&surname=jyt&house=Harvey&emailaddress=jty& uyear=7&gender=Male&submit=Reserve+My+Ticket
> >
> > Time:
> > 22 June 2008, 11:05:52 AM
> >
> > But when I put it on a web hosting server it WORKS fine???
> >
> > If any one else had this problum please reply to help me fix this
> >
> > Thanks
> > CutDMX12

Cannot run php files on ISS Server =?Utf-8?B?QmlncmFuZHlzcg==?= ASP .Net 1 06-26-2007 08:12 AM
Hi iss 6 is better than iss 5 ASP .Net 1 03-11-2007 01:40 PM
iss gives cannot find error for asmx page deanru@gmail.com ASP .Net Web Services 0 04-06-2006 06:34 PM
Re: nc io sio iss i SAFEBOOT SOLO IS DISCONTINUED, FLAW DISCOVERED: CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL is a Disreputable Company, DO NOT Patronize Them cn jkh ioshio io Computer Security 3 08-04-2004 11:28 AM