Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > internet transfer control for asp.net

internet transfer control for asp.net

Web Search Store

Hello,

I wonder if there is a control that can be used in asp.net scripts
equivalent to what used to be the 'internet transfer control' in vb6.

I believe there is. Could anyone point me to information on it, or an
example would be better.

Thanks.

Scott

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Have a look at the WebClient class which resides in the System.Net
namespace. If you need more complex functionality, then HttpWebRequest /
HttpWebResponse.
Peter

"Web Search Store" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if there is a control that can be used in asp.net scripts
> equivalent to what used to be the 'internet transfer control' in vb6.
>
> I believe there is. Could anyone point me to information on it, or an
> example would be better.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Web,

There is no such control in .net. The most closest is WebBrowser control,
but it mostly for winforms

I'd recommend to do everything manually via (Http/Ftp)WebRequest/Response

---
WBR,

WS> Hello,
WS>
WS> I wonder if there is a control that can be used in asp.net scripts
WS> equivalent to what used to be the 'internet transfer control' in
WS> vb6.
WS>
WS> I believe there is. Could anyone point me to information on it, or
WS> an example would be better.
WS>
WS> Thanks.
WS>
WS> Scott

Web Search Store