Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to manually connect to a Web Service from VS2005

How to manually connect to a Web Service from VS2005

John A

Hi all, I have done this in the past with VS2003 but seem to be having some
problem in VS2005 any help will be appreciated.

I have a Web Service generated from an Apache Server that I am supposed to
consume. Unfortunately these guys don't play nice and don't publish there
WSDL from there Web Service. In the past with VS2003 I created the WSDL
proxy code and put it in my Web reference area set it as a web reference made
it dynamic added the WS URL to the web.config and everything was fine.
However I try to do something like that and cannot get VS2005 to recognize
that a web service is even there. Am I missing something? Does anyone know
of a good step by step reference for adding web service to a VS2005 project
without having anything but a static WSDL file and a WS URL?

--
Thank you,
John

Arnout Grootveld

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBB?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know of a good step by step reference for adding web
> service to a VS2005 project without having anything but a static
> WSDL file and a WS URL?

If you have a WSDL file, you can create the proxy code using wsdl.exe
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...b6(VS.80).aspx).

--
Arnout.