Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Tree Manipulation - Control Recommendations?

Tree Manipulation - Control Recommendations?

Ketchup Please

I need to provide a view of hierarchical data to the users who need the
ability to subsequently do the following:
(1) add additional nodes (root and non root nodes);
(2) arrange the nodes (drag and drop existing nodes to rearrange the tree)
(3) specify a short bit of text that will be displayed with each node.

After the user does all that, I need to then save it all to a database for
subsequent retrieval and manipulation in later sessions.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for controls that would provide much of
the functionality described.

Thanks!

Ted Burhan

I'm not sure if the IETreeView control could achieve what you're trying to
do, but it might be worth having a look.
Just go to www.asp.net control galleries and browse through the navigation
controls.

As an alternative though, you could easily create a custom control that
perhaps derived from the Xml WebControl
and use a predefined XSLT file/object. I have done something similar to this
in the past and it was not overly complicated.

news:u9zv%(E-Mail Removed)...