Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Consuming External WSD (WebReference), Missing a few types

Consuming External WSD (WebReference), Missing a few types

Will Gillen

I have a new VB.NET project, and I am trying to add a web reference to
the following WSDL:
http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/xml...l/ndfdXML.wsdl

The web reference is installed in the project, but I notice that
several Types are missing. Most are there, but a few that use
<xsdattern...> are missing.
Example, this type is in the WSDL, but missing from the generated
wrapper in my VB.NET project:

<xsd:simpleType name="listLatLonType">
<xsd:restriction base='xsd:string'>
<xsdattern value="[\-]?\d{1,2}\.\d+,[\-]?\d{1,3}\.\d+( [\-]?
\d{1,2}\.\d+,[\-]?\d{1,3}\.\d+)*" />
</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

Any ideas why?

I can run methods whose responses should be returning data in the form
of "listLatLonType", but since I have no matching type in my project,
I can only see the return values as type String (which is in SOAP
xml).

How can I over come this problem without having to write an xml
parser?

Thanks.