Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Security

Security

Marc

I will have a web app call into a web service. The web app will be forms
based authentication. The web app and web service are behind a company
firewall and we are a .Net shop. The web service will be reading/writing to
a database so we want to secure it.

What then are the options to secure the web service?

Thanks,
Marc

Tiago Halm

You're not using kerberos on the webapp, so one option would be to use
UsernameToken, where the service authenticates via X.509 and the client
authenticates via username/password. The binding would be wsHttpBinding.

There are however common security scenarios here:

Tiago Halm

news:(E-Mail Removed)...