Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > totally confiused.. i need help

totally confiused.. i need help

Rob Eventine

hello,
i am trying to access the following dbase table through a web page.. i
have tried gridview, datalist, details view, formview...

really stuck and i can not find any info anywhere (that is actually written
in english) that helps me...

i need to edit, update, delete the aspnetdb.mdf tables to do with
membership. the actual table is aspnet_membership. i am using the membership
wizards to get the info into the dbase, now i need to find a method to edit
it...

save my sanity.. please.. lol

thanks to any and all who help

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Use the Membership objects rather than attempt to code your own data access.
Everything you need is exposed there, although you do have to configure a
certain way to retrieve passwords rather than just use them.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog

or just read it:
http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

| Think outside the box!

"Rob Eventine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OFzHj.18734$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello,
> i am trying to access the following dbase table through a web page.. i
> have tried gridview, datalist, details view, formview...
>
> really stuck and i can not find any info anywhere (that is actually
> written in english) that helps me...
>
> i need to edit, update, delete the aspnetdb.mdf tables to do with
> membership. the actual table is aspnet_membership. i am using the
> membership wizards to get the info into the dbase, now i need to find a
> method to edit it...
>
> save my sanity.. please.. lol
>
> thanks to any and all who help

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

OK, well "totally confiused [sic] .. " isn't a very descriptive subject line
for a newsgroup post. Something that briefly describes the crux of your
question would be more appropriate netiquette.
If you go to the ASP.NET site QUICKSTARTS, you will find excellent sample
code about how to use ASPNET.MDB and much, much more. The QUICKSTARTS also
installs locally with the ASP.NET Framework SDK if you choose to install it.
Remember: "QUICKSTARTS FIRST".

-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net