Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > receiving child nodes not allowed

receiving child nodes not allowed

Ms Jones

I downloaded Visual Web Developer Express 2008 from Microsoft's website.
When trying to bring up my web page, I am getting the following error
message. Any ideas how to fix this? Microsoft do no offer help for trial
versions. Thanks.

Warning 1 C:\Users\Linda\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\WebSites\Presidents\Default.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Child nodes
not allowed. (C:\Users\Linda\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\WebSites\Presidents\web.config line 11
C:\Users\Linda\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\Presidents\Default.aspx
1 1 C:\...\Presidents\

John Saunders [MVP]

"Ms Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I downloaded Visual Web Developer Express 2008 from Microsoft's website.
>When trying to bring up my web page, I am getting the following error
>message. Any ideas how to fix this? Microsoft do no offer help for trial
>versions. Thanks.
>
> Warning 1 C:\Users\Linda\Documents\Visual Studio
> 2008\WebSites\Presidents\Default.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Child nodes
> not allowed. (C:\Users\Linda\Documents\Visual Studio
> 2008\WebSites\Presidents\web.config line 11
> C:\Users\Linda\Documents\Visual Studio
> 2008\WebSites\Presidents\Default.aspx 1 1 C:\...\Presidents\

I'm sorry, what is your question? Also, did you post in the correct
newsgroup? This one is about web services.
John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer