Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Accessing intranet Business Layer using web services

Accessing intranet Business Layer using web services

paul.leo@gmail.com

Hi,
Our company has a three tier (Data Access,Business Object,UI) intranet
application. Now, they are planning to build a web site and host it,
so that some external users will be able to use it. This web site
needs to talk to the Business Layer to fetch the data from the DB.
Could you please suggest if using web services is an ideal option in
this scenario or what would be the best architecture?

Thanks
Paul

Hammad Rajjoub

Hi Paul,

Unless and until you intend to expose your functionality (programatically)
to outside world you don't need to have a web service.

thanks,
Hammad