Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Passing time, date and timezone

Passing time, date and timezone

dotnetwebservices888@googlemail.com

Hello,

I'm currently having problems with passing date, time and timezone
data to my web service. Let me provide further details. The service
will accepts clocking data and then inserts this into a connected
database, for attendance monitoring. Client apps may not be accessing
from the same time zone and the server, so I wanted to have this
detail stored accessable from within the web service.

The format of the date, time and time zone must be in is the W3C
format of "yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:sszzzz" where zzzz holds the time zone
information. however, if I parse a string to dateTime, the time zone
part of the time is automatically used to normalise the time (ie. add
or subtract time zone to/from the actual time). I guess its .NET being
too clever for its own good really!

Is there any way that i can store the reference of the ACTUAL time,
and then the relative time zone also THEN also retrieve them once it
has been passed to the service?

Thanks in advance

Jonny