Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed

WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed

william

Hi all,

I have a .NET web service which is consumed by both .NET code and VB6 code.
There is no issue to concume it from .NET, but error out in VB6. I use SOAP
1.0 in vb6, here is sample code:
Set oClient = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
oClient.MSSoapInit "http://servername/virtual
directory/MyService.asmx?wsdl"
At MSSoapInit, I got error as "Error -2147024809 (WSDLReader:Loading of the
WSDL file failed HRESULT=0X8007057 -WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at
linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: Access is denied.
HRESULT=0X80070005)".

Could any one help me out?

Thanks.

Tiago Halm

Use filemon.exe utility from Microsoft (formerly SysInternals) to see where
the access is denied.

Tiago Halm

"william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a .NET web service which is consumed by both .NET code and VB6
> code.
> There is no issue to concume it from .NET, but error out in VB6. I use
> SOAP
> 1.0 in vb6, here is sample code:
> Set oClient = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
> oClient.MSSoapInit "http://servername/virtual
> directory/MyService.asmx?wsdl"
> At MSSoapInit, I got error as "Error -2147024809 (WSDLReader:Loading of
> the
> WSDL file failed HRESULT=0X8007057 -WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at
> linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: Access is denied.
> HRESULT=0X80070005)".
>
> Could any one help me out?
>
> Thanks.

william

Hi Tiago,

As I mentioned, it failed at soap initialization.
By the way, IIS security setting is Integrated Windows Authentication mode,
and the anonymous access is turned off. If I turn on anonymous, it's ok. So
looks like somehow the current user's credential is not carried over. I'm
guessing, don't really know.

Thanks.

"Tiago Halm" wrote:

> Use filemon.exe utility from Microsoft (formerly SysInternals) to see where
> the access is denied.
>
> Tiago Halm
>
> "william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a .NET web service which is consumed by both .NET code and VB6
> > code.
> > There is no issue to concume it from .NET, but error out in VB6. I use
> > SOAP
> > 1.0 in vb6, here is sample code:
> > Set oClient = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
> > oClient.MSSoapInit "http://servername/virtual
> > directory/MyService.asmx?wsdl"
> > At MSSoapInit, I got error as "Error -2147024809 (WSDLReader:Loading of
> > the
> > WSDL file failed HRESULT=0X8007057 -WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at
> > linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: Access is denied.
> > HRESULT=0X80070005)".
> >
> > Could any one help me out?
> >
> > Thanks.

Tiago Halm

The anonymous account has access, the authenticated account does not it
appears. Are you impersonating? If you are, the Authenticated account does
not have access, if not its the AppPool account that does not have access.
Anyway I'm just guessing.

Where is the VB6 code hosted? Executable or COM object?
How is the WebService done (WCF, ASMX)?

Tiago Halm

"william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Tiago,
>
> As I mentioned, it failed at soap initialization.
> By the way, IIS security setting is Integrated Windows Authentication
> mode,
> and the anonymous access is turned off. If I turn on anonymous, it's ok.
> So
> looks like somehow the current user's credential is not carried over. I'm
> guessing, don't really know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Tiago Halm" wrote:
>
>> Use filemon.exe utility from Microsoft (formerly SysInternals) to see
>> where
>> the access is denied.
>>
>> Tiago Halm
>>
>> "william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have a .NET web service which is consumed by both .NET code and VB6
>> > code.
>> > There is no issue to concume it from .NET, but error out in VB6. I use
>> > SOAP
>> > 1.0 in vb6, here is sample code:
>> > Set oClient = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
>> > oClient.MSSoapInit "http://servername/virtual
>> > directory/MyService.asmx?wsdl"
>> > At MSSoapInit, I got error as "Error -2147024809 (WSDLReader:Loading of
>> > the
>> > WSDL file failed HRESULT=0X8007057 -WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at
>> > linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: Access is denied.
>> > HRESULT=0X80070005)".
>> >
>> > Could any one help me out?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

william

VB6 is executable, and web service is asmx. No impersonation.
I think it's not the account issue, because I can use same account access
web service from .NET. I guess somehow the account is not carried over to IIS.
Thanks.

"Tiago Halm" wrote:

> The anonymous account has access, the authenticated account does not it
> appears. Are you impersonating? If you are, the Authenticated account does
> not have access, if not its the AppPool account that does not have access.
> Anyway I'm just guessing.
>
> Where is the VB6 code hosted? Executable or COM object?
> How is the WebService done (WCF, ASMX)?
>
> Tiago Halm
>
> "william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Tiago,
> >
> > As I mentioned, it failed at soap initialization.
> > By the way, IIS security setting is Integrated Windows Authentication
> > mode,
> > and the anonymous access is turned off. If I turn on anonymous, it's ok.
> > So
> > looks like somehow the current user's credential is not carried over. I'm
> > guessing, don't really know.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Tiago Halm" wrote:
> >
> >> Use filemon.exe utility from Microsoft (formerly SysInternals) to see
> >> where
> >> the access is denied.
> >>
> >> Tiago Halm
> >>
> >> "william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

tiago.halm@gmail.com

Check if the COM object "MSSOAP.SoapClient" has properties or methods
with the name "credentials" or similar. Such a property/method would
allow the COM client (VB6) to authenticate itself over HTTP upon
invoking the WebService. Other than that, I can't help, sorry.

Tiago Halm