Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > quick newbie question

quick newbie question

Rich Bashaw

Hey all,

I am working on my first VB asp.net web application and I am looking for
some advice on the best way to implement a certain feature. I have a web form
that dumps into a SQL database. I have this part all setup and working fine.
This form is to request network access for my company's consultants and
subcontractors. There is an approval process that we need to follow. What I
would like to do is have the approvers go to a web page that shows all the
pending requests. Once there, I want them to click a button or link that will
allow them to fill out only specific fields in the database that are tied to
that record. the database has fields like, first name, last name, department,
etc. and the approvers would fill out things like start date, end date, PO
Number.

So, would a formview be the best thing to use for these specific fields? Not
looking for exact code, just some advice on which data features are best
suited for this kind of thing. I am already using several AJAX components
which I love. So if there is an AJAX extension that fits the bill, let me
know.

I am having a lot of fun so far! I have only really done scripting previously.

Quick question, hopefully quick answer. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 114 01-06-2005 01:36 PM
Quick Question Quick Answer JKop C++ 11 05-24-2004 09:46 PM
Quick Restore for a Compaq not so quick! Croos Bustamunky Computer Support 2 05-15-2004 04:17 AM
PanasonicBQ390 "quick" charger - How quick? Ol' Bab Digital Photography 1 01-17-2004 06:54 AM

Advertisments