Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > a sample web service to return SOAP fault message for application error

a sample web service to return SOAP fault message for application error

rahulkr.iitk@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm looking for a free web service, which can return back SOAP fault
message in case of an application error filling <detail> element in
SOAP.
I couldn't find one on xmethods.net.

John Saunders [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a free web service, which can return back SOAP fault
> message in case of an application error filling <detail> element in
> SOAP.
> I couldn't find one on xmethods.net.

All you have to do is throw a SoapException. Look up SoapException on MSDN
and you'll see how to fill in the <detail/> element.
John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer