Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > .net supported SOAP protocols

.net supported SOAP protocols

wardy

Hi all,

I'm in the process of developing some .NET Web services that will be
required to be invoked from Oracle Financials and Java. Due to this I
am worried about compatibility between the systems and their SOAP
implementations. Is anyone able to tell me what versions of .NET
support what SOAP versions...i.e:

..NET 1.0 supports what SOAP protocols?
..NET 1.1 supports SOAP protocol 1.1 and ??
..NET 2.0 supports SOAP protocols 1.1 and 1.2??

Also, is there any way in my Web service provider and client to
specify a particular SOAP protocol to support and use?

Thanks in advance

Chris Mullins [MVP - C#]

WCF supports both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2. It's going to depend on which
endpoint provider you go with.

You're going to want to spend some time reading:
http://java.sun.com/developer/techni.../ProjectTango/

--
Chris Mullins

"wardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the process of developing some .NET Web services that will be
> required to be invoked from Oracle Financials and Java. Due to this I
> am worried about compatibility between the systems and their SOAP
> implementations. Is anyone able to tell me what versions of .NET
> support what SOAP versions...i.e:
>
> .NET 1.0 supports what SOAP protocols?
> .NET 1.1 supports SOAP protocol 1.1 and ??
> .NET 2.0 supports SOAP protocols 1.1 and 1.2??
>
> Also, is there any way in my Web service provider and client to
> specify a particular SOAP protocol to support and use?
>
> Thanks in advance

wardy

Thanks for the response Chris...read the posting, interesting
stuff...I understand the WCF supports both SOAP 1.1 and 1.2, but do
you know what SOAP versions can be used with the various .NET
frameworks and if there is a way to force a particular SOAP version?

Thanks

On Oct 19, 2:23 pm, "Chris Mullins [MVP - C#]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> WCF supports both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2. It's going to depend on which
> endpoint provider you go with.
>
> You're going to want to spend some time reading:http://java.sun.com/developer/techni.../ProjectTango/
>
> --
> Chris Mullins
>
> "wardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

> > Hi all,

> > I'm in the process of developing some .NET Web services that will be
> > required to be invoked from Oracle Financials and Java. Due to this I
> > am worried about compatibility between the systems and their SOAP
> > implementations. Is anyone able to tell me what versions of .NET
> > support what SOAP versions...i.e:

> > .NET 1.0 supports what SOAP protocols?
> > .NET 1.1 supports SOAP protocol 1.1 and ??
> > .NET 2.0 supports SOAP protocols 1.1 and 1.2??

> > Also, is there any way in my Web service provider and client to
> > specify a particular SOAP protocol to support and use?

> > Thanks in advance- Hide quoted text -

How to use protocols.msn.FileSend and protocols.msnFileReceive yamadora1999 Python 2 05-25-2005 12:56 AM
How to use protocols.msn.FileSend and protocols.msnFileReceive yamadora1999 Python 1 05-24-2005 07:12 AM
Respective SOAP, WSDL and UDDI versions supported by .Net Framework Ben Fidge ASP .Net Web Services 0 02-10-2004 04:23 PM
To SOAP or Not To SOAP? mooseshoes XML 3 09-21-2003 04:38 PM
SOAP Client creation in ASP.NET using MS SOAP Toolkit Sham Ramakrishnan ASP .Net 2 07-01-2003 11:29 AM

Advertisments