Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > What is the relation between UDDI, WSDL and Disco files.

What is the relation between UDDI, WSDL and Disco files.

Bhuwan Bhaskar

Hi,
I am new for web services. What is the relation between UDDI, WSDL and Disco
files.

Thanks and Regards
Bhuwan

JIGNESH

WSDL: Given a Web Service, it would be nice to have a standard way to
document what messages the Web Service accepts and generates—that is, to
document the Web Service contract. A standard language makes it easy for
developers and developer tools to create and interpret contracts. The WSDL
(Web Services Description Language) is an XML-based contract language jointly
developed by Microsoft and IBM

DISCO: Developers will need some way to discover Web Services. The DISCO
(Discovery of Web Services) provides a way to discover and retrieve WSDL
description of services on remote machines

UDDI: Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI) specifies a
mechanism for Web Service providers to advertise the existance of their Web
Services

Regards
JIGNESH

"Bhuwan Bhaskar" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new for web services. What is the relation between UDDI, WSDL and Disco
> files.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Bhuwan

Bhuwan Bhaskar