Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Using Web Services to create Scheduled Tasks

Using Web Services to create Scheduled Tasks

PhilV

Hello. I am attempting to use a Web Service to create scheduled tasks. This
works locally, on a workstation running XP, but when I move the web service,
or a standalone application to a W2003 server, and attempt to create
Scheduled Tasks, nothing happens.

I have been researching. I ran across a reference to Action Control Lists
and Web Services, dealing with the Microsoft Commerce Service.
Specifically, granting full control with the cacls command.
cacls tasks /e /g <data_domain_name>\MarketingWebSvc:f,

Also, looking on some MSDN pages, it appears that the Web Services are by
default created with least privileges, so as to avoid exploitation.

John Saunders [MVP]

"PhilV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello. I am attempting to use a Web Service to create scheduled tasks.
> This
> works locally, on a workstation running XP, but when I move the web
> service,
> or a standalone application to a W2003 server, and attempt to create
> Scheduled Tasks, nothing happens.

"nothing happens" usually means that _something_ happens, but you ignored
it. Make sure that you don't have try-catch statements that eat exceptions
and don't report them.
John Saunders | MVP – Windows Server System – Connected System Developer

Neel

Saunders,

Help me out.

I am trying to create scheduled tasks

How can i do this, can use WCF or WF

or can i use Webservice or windows service, i am using VS2005

Neel