Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web service input boxes in IE

Web service input boxes in IE

Kishore

I created a simple web service with one web method accepting custom C# class.
I thought I can test this in IE like get the xml equivalent of C# class and
paste in input box.
But IE is not showing any input boxes.
I added HTTP POST in web.config, didn't help.

How can I able to submit my xml throguh IE ?

TIA
Kishore

John Saunders [MVP]

"Kishore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I created a simple web service with one web method accepting custom C#
>class.
> I thought I can test this in IE like get the xml equivalent of C# class
> and
> paste in input box.
> But IE is not showing any input boxes.
> I added HTTP POST in web.config, didn't help.
>
> How can I able to submit my xml throguh IE ?

The test pages created by .NET for a .ASMX web service do not produce inputs
for complex parameters.

You might want to try soapUI from http://www.soapUI.com.

John Saunders | MVP – Windows Server System – Connected System Developer

Kishore

John, Thank you for responding.
I will check soapui.com
Any idea, what makes it not to show input boxes, what steps do i need to do
to show them ?

Thanks
Kishore

"John Saunders [MVP]" wrote:

> "Kishore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I created a simple web service with one web method accepting custom C#
> >class.
> > I thought I can test this in IE like get the xml equivalent of C# class
> > and
> > paste in input box.
> > But IE is not showing any input boxes.
> > I added HTTP POST in web.config, didn't help.
> >
> > How can I able to submit my xml throguh IE ?

> The test pages created by .NET for a .ASMX web service do not produce inputs
> for complex parameters.
>
> You might want to try soapUI from http://www.soapUI.com.

> John Saunders | MVP – Windows Server System – Connected System Developer

John Saunders [MVP]

"Kishore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John, Thank you for responding.
> I will check soapui.com
> Any idea, what makes it not to show input boxes, what steps do i need to
> do
> to show them ?

You would have to rewrite the page, which is located at
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONF IG\DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx.
You then have to modify the machine.config to point to the new version.

The version supplied by Microsoft simply has no support for complex types at
all.
John Saunders | MVP – Windows Server System – Connected System Developer

Kishore

Thank you John

"John Saunders [MVP]" wrote:

> "Kishore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > John, Thank you for responding.
> > I will check soapui.com
> > Any idea, what makes it not to show input boxes, what steps do i need to
> > do
> > to show them ?

> You would have to rewrite the page, which is located at
> c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONF IG\DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx.
> You then have to modify the machine.config to point to the new version.
>
> The version supplied by Microsoft simply has no support for complex types at
> all.
> John Saunders | MVP – Windows Server System – Connected System Developer

Space between input boxes and selection boxes is not the same in Internet Explorer Stefan Mueller HTML 5 06-16-2009 02:06 PM
Focus on Input Boxes Vinnie Firefox 0 04-30-2006 04:45 AM
I am too stupid to make two input boxes work. Noname HTML 2 01-16-2004 04:46 PM

Advertisments