Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Stupid Question

Stupid Question

Dave T

I have a business logic web service that references an object library. No
problem there. This object library needs to reference a data access web
service. If I add a web reference to the DAL web service and set the URL
behavior to dynamic, all the settings are stored in the designer vb code. I
can't seem to find a way to set everything up so that the address of the
referenced web service can be edited in some config file.

Long story short, I have a class library that needs to read a config file
which contains the url to a web service.

Any ideas?

Egghead

It is in your app.conf, and what is wrong with change the url with the
source code.

--
cheers,
RL
"Dave T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a business logic web service that references an object library. No
> problem there. This object library needs to reference a data access web
> service. If I add a web reference to the DAL web service and set the URL
> behavior to dynamic, all the settings are stored in the designer vb code.
> can't seem to find a way to set everything up so that the address of the
> referenced web service can be edited in some config file.
>
> Long story short, I have a class library that needs to read a config file
> which contains the url to a web service.
>
> Any ideas?

Dave T

Thanks Egghead.

At design time I need to read it from something in a class library project
(the typed data set insists on it), but the flaming designer doesn't put it
in an app.config) while at run-time it needs to be read from a web.config. I
don't know enough about these new ways of getting settings.

Anyway, I think it's the "forest for the trees effect" ... I think I'm going
to let the designer put it wherever it wants and I'll put the settings in an
XML file that I can put any place I want and read it any way I want.

"Egghead" wrote:

> It is in your app.conf, and what is wrong with change the url with the
> source code.
>
> --
> cheers,
> RL
> "Dave T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a business logic web service that references an object library. No
> > problem there. This object library needs to reference a data access web
> > service. If I add a web reference to the DAL web service and set the URL
> > behavior to dynamic, all the settings are stored in the designer vb code.
> > can't seem to find a way to set everything up so that the address of the
> > referenced web service can be edited in some config file.
> >
> > Long story short, I have a class library that needs to read a config file
> > which contains the url to a web service.
> >
> > Any ideas?

stupid, STUPID question! rincewind HTML 25 05-08-2009 01:07 PM
stupid question...waiting for a stupid answer Brandon McCombs Java 4 08-28-2006 06:57 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
Stupid is as Stupid Does! Michael P Gabriel Digital Photography 3 06-26-2004 12:49 PM

Advertisments