Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > can't access a webservice setup as a file share in IIS

can't access a webservice setup as a file share in IIS

hs

Hi all

I'm having a few setup problems.

If the IIS/home directory tab of my webservice is "a directory located on
this computer" everythings okay.

However, if I change the home directory/tab to "a share located on another
computer" it no longer works.

I know i'm connecting to this computer because i'm able to retrieve simple
html files.

any ideas thanks
hs

John Saunders [MVP]

"hs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> I'm having a few setup problems.
>
> If the IIS/home directory tab of my webservice is "a directory located on
> this computer" everythings okay.
>
> However, if I change the home directory/tab to "a share located on another
> computer" it no longer works.
>
> I know i'm connecting to this computer because i'm able to retrieve simple
> html files.

"It no longer works"?
--
John Saunders [MVP]

hs

> "It no longer works"?

Sorry for the lack of explanation. What i mean by 'it no longer works' is if
the web service resource files are sitting on a local drive eg
C:\inetpub\wwwroot , then calls to this web service work. but they dont if
these resource files are sitting on another computer

"John Saunders [MVP]" <john.saunders at trizetto.com> wrote in message
news:eT$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "hs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all
>>
>> I'm having a few setup problems.
>>
>> If the IIS/home directory tab of my webservice is "a directory located
>> on this computer" everythings okay.
>>
>> However, if I change the home directory/tab to "a share located on
>> another computer" it no longer works.
>>
>> I know i'm connecting to this computer because i'm able to retrieve
>> simple html files.

> "It no longer works"?
> --
> John Saunders [MVP]

John Saunders [MVP]

"hs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "It no longer works"?

> Sorry for the lack of explanation. What i mean by 'it no longer works' is
> if the web service resource files are sitting on a local drive eg
> C:\inetpub\wwwroot , then calls to this web service work. but they dont if
> these resource files are sitting on another computer

Ok, I guess there must be something wrong.

Come on! If you want some help, then please give some information! What do
you mean, "it doesn't work?" What, exactly, is the symptom?
--
John Saunders [MVP]

hs

When I try to access the webservice from my client application, I get an
http request error.

I think its a IIS settings issue.

"John Saunders [MVP]" <john.saunders at trizetto.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "hs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "It no longer works"?

>> Sorry for the lack of explanation. What i mean by 'it no longer works' is
>> if the web service resource files are sitting on a local drive eg
>> C:\inetpub\wwwroot , then calls to this web service work. but they dont
>> if these resource files are sitting on another computer

> Ok, I guess there must be something wrong.
>

> Come on! If you want some help, then please give some information! What do
> you mean, "it doesn't work?" What, exactly, is the symptom?
> --
> John Saunders [MVP]

John Saunders [MVP]

"hs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to access the webservice from my client application, I get an
> http request error.
>
> I think its a IIS settings issue.

I think this is getting boring.

Please supply all of the information. Every bit of it.

If you don't supply information, nobody will be able to help you.
--
John Saunders [MVP]

hs

thanks for looking but i think i've posted my problem on the wrong group.
I'll try my luck elsewhere.