Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Publish HelloWorld Web Service Site from Visual Studio Express 200

Publish HelloWorld Web Service Site from Visual Studio Express 200

Peter

Hi folks,
I experienced problem to depoly the HelloWorld web service from the
Visual Studio Express 2005 to IIS 6. The following is my workflow:
step-1: in Studio 2005, created the HelloWorld web service
step-2: under websites folder, my application is as below:
folder ws1
- folder App_Code
file Service.cs
- HellowWorld.asmx
step-3: I copy folder ws1 to c:\inetpub\wwwroot
Then I created a consumer. When I did this web reference, a parser error
occurred. The message is extracted as below:
Server error in / Application, Parser Error, Line 1
<%@ WebService ... CodeBehind= "~/App_Code/Service.cs Class=Service" %>
Please advise. Thanks.
PeterK

John Saunders [MVP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi folks,
> I experienced problem to depoly the HelloWorld web service from the
> Visual Studio Express 2005 to IIS 6. The following is my workflow:
> step-1: in Studio 2005, created the HelloWorld web service
> step-2: under websites folder, my application is as below:
> folder ws1
> - folder App_Code
> file Service.cs
> - HellowWorld.asmx
> step-3: I copy folder ws1 to c:\inetpub\wwwroot
> Then I created a consumer. When I did this web reference, a parser error
> occurred. The message is extracted as below:
> Server error in / Application, Parser Error, Line 1
> <%@ WebService ... CodeBehind= "~/App_Code/Service.cs Class=Service" %>

I've never used express, so I can't be sure. The other versions have a
Publish command in the Project menu. If you can find a Publish command, then
use that instead of copying the files yourself.
--
John Saunders [MVP]